Emotional health and mental health are important aspects of hau ora – well being. Anxiety and depression, or other kinds of mental health issues can affect your physical health and ability to work, connect and socialise. Our personal and workplace mental health programs can help.
Mental Health Support at Highbrook
Self-esteem, self-confidence and physical wellbeing can all be affected when your mental health is suffering. If you’ve been feeling symptoms of stress, anxiety, depression or have been going through a rough period it’s a great idea to pop in for a mental health and wellbeing consultation. We can support you to get you back to your thriving self.
A few small changes can be all that’s needed to make a change. We can help plan physical activity, meal plans and sleep routines to support your emotional health.
You are not alone
At least 1 in 4 people identify with mental health challenges in NZ. You may even have whānau who also need support. Stress or anxiety can feel overwhelming under many circumstances, so talk to us if you’re worried about your workplace mental health, have had a change in personal circumstances, are worried about addiction or have suffered abuse.
Our Workplace Mental Health Programs at Highbrook can also help. Regardless of the nature of your concerns, you can talk to us in confidence and we will unconditionally support you in your health journey. We can diagnose and plan treatment for mood disorders, addiction, anxiety, depression and Bipolar Disorder.
What happens during Mental Health Consultations?
- We’ll walk through your current levels of stress or any symptoms you are concerned about and discuss your lifestyle.
- If we have a clear diagnosis, we can discuss a treatment plan, or suggest a mental health specialist near you who can help.
- Self management plans can be designed so that you can manage your day to day mental health through easy lifestyle choices
- We can discuss prescription medication to manage stress and addiction if necessary.
- Regular mental health checkups can help maintain and manage your mental health and wellbeing
- Bring a whānau member if that feels right.
Questions we might ask during Mental Wellbeing Appointment
- Have you noticed unusual emotions like Anger, frustration, or irritability?
- Do you feel sad, worried, fearful or tired more than usual?
- When did these symptoms occur?
- Has your eating, sleeping or exercise routines changed?
- Do you have a support person?
- Do you know of any ways to manage your mental health or resources to support your daily life?
Book in for a double appointment so we can take our time to cover everything.
Health care professionals providing mental health support at Highbrook
Frequently asked questions
To join our clinic, you first need to fill out the patient enrolment forms to register with the PHO that we belong to. This is a Ministry of Health requirement. You will need to provide proof of identity and eligibility which may include the following forms of identification:
- NZ Passport or NZ birth certificate
- International passport with resident visa OR work visa of minimum 24-month duration
On the enrolment form you need to indicate which of our doctors (currently taking new patients) that you would like to be registered with.
Yes. As part of completing your enrollment, we request that you have a new patient screening appointment with one of our Nursing or Medical Centre Assistant team members.
This new patient appointment enables our team to work with you to better understand your current health and wellbeing.
Following the new patient appointment as above, you can book your first consultation with your nominated doctor.
The length of your first appointment with your new doctor will be as follows:
0-39 years 40 years - 15 Minutes - 30 minutes
40 years+ - 15 Minutes - 30 minutes
|0-13 yrs||14-17 yrs||18-39 yrs||40+ yrs|
|Free||$10 for screening and appointment||$10 for screening and appointment||$10 for screening and appointment|
|Free||$10 for Doctor appointment||$19.50||$39 for double appointment|
Payment is required at the time of consultation
You will get full access to the patient portal “My Indici” once you have completed your screening appointment.
Payment is required at time of consultation. Please note that unpaid accounts will incur an additional $10 monthly administration cost.
There may be additional costs for treatments/tests/materials
We recommend that you book your future appointments via your patient portal My Indici.
If you need an urgent appointment, then please phone the clinic. We have doctors available to discuss your urgent health needs on the day.
All consultations are by appointment only.
We are open:
Monday 7am - 5pm
Tuesday 8:15am - 5pm
Wednesday 7am - 5pm
Thursday 8:15am - 5pm
Friday 8:15am - 5pm
For health services after hours visit East Care Accident & Medical, 260 Botany Road, Golflands, Auckland 2013. Their phone is 09 277 1516.
Under 14 Years - Free 14 - 17 years - $14 18 years & over - $16
Note charge is the same for in person or by phone or video as you are still receiving the same high quality health provider assessment, diagnosis and planning.